You are Here:
Who we are
What information we collect and how
The information we collect via this website may include:
- Any personal details you type in and submit, such as your name , address, email address, etc.
- Data which allows us to recognise you, and how you use this website. This data is collected by cookies from your navigation around the site. A cookie is a small amount of data which we send to your computer. The data is then stored on your browser or hard disk. Most web browsers can be set to prevent you from receiving new cookies, notify you before accepting cookies or disable cookies altogether. Details about this can normally be found in the Help facility provided with your browser. If you disable cookies, you will not be able to receive personalised facilities and your progress to check out may take longer. The cookies store information only for as long as you are viewing the website.
- Your IP address (this is your computer's individual identification number), which is automatically logged by our web server. This is used to note your interest in our website.
What we do with your information
Any personal information we collect from you will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws. The details we collect will be used:-
- To process your order (including any line rental application), to maintain guarantee records and to provide after-sales;
- To carry out security checks (this may involve passing your details to Experian Limited, or another credit reference agency, who will check details we give them against public and private databases and may keep a record of that check to use in future security checks - this helps to protect you and us from fraudulent transactions); and
- To comply with legal requirements.
We would also like to inform you of various promotions, goods and services that may be of interest to you. These will come from us and you may be contacted by post, email, telephone or such other means as we regard appropriate, including new technology. You may unsubscribe at a later date, if you wish - see "Your rights" section below.
- You can ask us to update your personal information by emailing precise details of your request to email@example.com. Please ensure you type "Update" in the subject line of your email.
- You can ask us not to send you future marketing communications. To do this, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org and type "No Marketing" in the subject line and then the following in the main text:-
- Your full name
- Your postal address, including postcode
- Your email address
We will then suppress your data from all direct marketing, although we will still keep it for processing your order and fulfilling customer service and after sale obligations. Alternatively, you can post your request to the address in (3) below.
- You also have the right to request a copy of any personal information we hold about you. To do this, simply write to us at the following address, enclosing a cheque for £10 payable to Dolphin Com Ltd to cover our administration costs:-
Customer Services (Data Subject Request)
Dolphin Com Ltd
Unit 3, Solway Court
Crewe Business Park, Crewe. CW1 6LD.